UPDATE: We are focusing on our online content in 2015, developing a second course (about running a Kids Yoga business) but we plan to be back doing face-to-face workshops in 2016. For info on our online course have a look here.
Here are some recent graduates talking about their experiences of kids yoga teacher training workshops:
If you are interested in joining us for the workshop, please leave your email below and let us know the city you live nearest to, and we will let you know as soon as we have news about workshops:
The course is an immersive and inspiring experience. We recommend that all students practice yoga themselves and have some experience with children. We provide a comprehensive and detailed manual, plus a posture book, and a wide range of class plans and kids yoga related games and songs so you can get started as soon as you finish the training.
Topics covered in the 4 day teacher training:
- Stages of development (ages 2-11) - understanding how children learn and how this relates to yoga classes
- Essential anatomy and physiology knowledge for teaching yoga to children
- The benefits of yoga for kids
- How to structure successful kids yoga classes
- What makes a good children's yoga teacher? How to conduct and manage a class, how to communicate, what to be aware of when you teach children, legal issues - child protection/safety policies
- Children's yoga practice - warm-ups, breathing techniques, child-appropriate poses
- Jaime's tricks of the trade - how perform a yoga story and really bring it to life for kids
- How to create your own yoga stories - easy to follow methods and tools for building your own unique and fun yoga adventures for kids
- Partner yoga poses for kids, and yoga games
- How to use songs, music, and storybooks
- Mindfulness exercises for kids
- Remedial poses, special needs and learning issues.
- Relaxation, visualisation and affirmations for kids.
- Working with schools, nurseries and parents - how to approach them, set up classes, build a relationship and start a kids yoga business
Successful graduates receive an official certificate from Cosmic Kids Yoga Teacher Training in recognition of their achievement. We base our curriculum on accreditation organisation guidelines. Both our live and online courses are recognised by insurance companies - so we can refer you for professional liability insurance on completion of the course. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
We also offer an inspiring online course if you want to start learning today.
Take me to the online course!